It is intended to get a school to :
- practise self-assessment so that it leads to continual improvement
- optimise its steering
- within a participative approach, mobilize the educational teams on shared and substantiated diagnosis and targets for improvement
- encourage the pupils' success
- exchange best practices and experiences.
Qualéduc project is steered both at a national and academic level.
The national steering committee defines the targets, and supervises the actions proposed. Its members are also in charge of supporting academies in the implementation process.
The academic steering committees are chosen by the rector of the academy.
They have to train teams, support and advise them in practicing self-assessment with the PDCA-cycle or Deming wheel and developing quality assurance.
- In 2013-2014, five academies (Aix-Marseille, Clermont-Ferrand, Limoges, Nantes and Paris) have been testing the Qualéduc approach. Their referents have been supporting the experimentation and promoting Qualéduc project in vocational education and training.
- In 2014-2015, 18 academies have been joining the project.
- In 2015-2016, 25 academies (/30) are in the project
The project is based on the «Deming-cycle» or the «PDCA (plan do check act) -cycle».