Equal Opportunities policy
As such, at the start of the 2012 academic year primary and secondary schools tackling academic ambition, innovation and success, the écoles, collèges et lycées pour l'ambition, l'innovation et la réussite
The (ECLAIR) programme involves:
- 2,189 nursery and elementary schools, i.e. 6% of school pupils;
- 303 collèges, i.e. 5.5% of lower secondary pupils;
- 21 vocational lycées;
- 11 general and technological lycées;
- 4 boarding schools.
The objectives of ‘ECLAIR' programme are to improve the academic results of pupils by:
- establishing an academic environment which favours success for all;
- reinforcing the stability of teams;
- favouring equal opportunities;
- developing academic ambition.
Secondly, and more generally, priority education also encompasses réseaux de réussite scolaire (RRS) (Academic Success Networks) which welcome a more socially heterogeneous group of pupils. They include nearly 8,000 primary and secondary schools.